onight on 24 Hours To Hell and Back, Gordon Ramsay is in Greenville, Mississippi to try to save Sherman’s Restaurant. Sherman’s Restaurant is a steak and seafood restaurant that has been open for over 30 years and has been owned by Allison and Peter Nimrod since 2012. When Gordon Ramsay arrives, he finds a restaurant and menu that is outdated partly due to the head chef who has been in charge of the kitchen since the beginning. Gordon Ramsay also finds out that a lot of the food being served at Sherman’s is being heated in the microwave.
- “LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!! If you want great, home-cooked food, this is THE place to go in Greenville. I wished that I lived closer to the area so I could eat there more often. EVERYTHING is delicious!”
- “on the heels of news of remodeling, and restructuring, I decided to try it again this evening. The inside has been nicely updated, and has a very nice atmosphere, with linen tablecloths, new flooring, and wall decor. The menu has been totally revamped, also. For a city like Greenville, the pricing is up there, however, all good restaurant food in this town seems to be a bit pricier than in other places I visit…..I am sure I will go back, and enjoy it again. You should too.”
- “I love Sherman’s! From the owners to the food, everything is great.I’m a meat lover, so I always go for the steak, which is always delicious and cooked to order. They were recently renovated by Gordon Ramsay for one of his shows, and with that, the prices did go up a tad.”
- “This place is a hidden gem of Greenville. It has been here for years. The meals a re great. Today I ordered a half rack of ribs. Oh my, the ribs were perfect, the salad with homemade salad dressing was great. The waiters kept refilling or drinks, very attentive on the service. Only thing I can say is, if you ever come to Greenville, MS, try Sherman’s. It is well worth every cent you spend.”
- “My husband and I had dined here a couple of years ago and was not impressed at all with our experience. We heard recently that the restaurant had been revamped and remodeled with the help of Chef Gordon Ramsey. We decided to give it a second chance. We are so glad we did. We had a lovely experience. We were welcomed warmly by everyone we came in contact with. The service was excellent and the food delicious. The atmosphere and decor was so pleasant and relaxing. If you are in the area make it a point to go.”
- “Overly priced”
*Reviews from Yelp, Tripadvisor, Google
Other News and Links:
- This episode was filmed at the restaurant in November 2017.
- Here is the Sherman’s Restaurant website and Facebook page.
- Here is Allison Nimrod’s Facebook page where she is heavily promoting the appearance on 24 Hours to Hell and Back.
- Sherman’s is hosting a viewing party for the episode tonight and will offer a limited menu with items suggested by Gordon Ramsay. (Link).
- Here is a menu that was posted in December 2017, a month after the show was filmed.
- Sherman’s Restaurant has a 4.5 star out of 5 on Tripadvisor (118 reviews), 4.1 out of 5 on Google (88 reviews), and a 4 out of 5 on Yelp (27 reviews).
- Here is a blog from the restaurant page where Allison describes the struggles of being a restaurant owner and the increasing costs of food. She didn’t want to raise prices of the menu, but eventually everyone convinced her it was necessary. (Link)
The reviews for Sherman’s Restaurant after the 24 Hours to Hell and Back makeover by Gordon Ramsay are almost all positive. People like the look of the interior, the food and the friendly service. There were a few comments about the prices increasing, but people seem fine with that if they have a pleasant dining experience.
*To see how the restaurants from 24 Hours To Hell and Back are doing, visit the 24 Hours To Hell and Back Updates Page. Also, if you are interested in the restaurants from Kitchen Nightmares, visit the Kitchen Nightmares Updates Page.