On tonight’s episode of Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon Ramsay is in Easton, PA to help out Bella Luna Ristorante. The restaurant is being run by a mother and her son. The mother has no restaurant experience and does not want to take blame for anything. They claim they are using fresh ingredients, when most of them are frozen. Finally, when Gordon goes into the walk in refrigerator, he finds tons of rotten food.
Kitchen Nightmares visited Bella Luna Ristorante back in July of 2013 to film the episode, and I searched around the Internet to read stories, comments and reviews about Bella Luna Ristorane to get an idea of how the restaurant is doing since Gordon Ramsay visited, and here is what I found (note – all reviews are post Kitchen Nightmares):
The restaurant has already closed since Gordon visited, so here are some relevant links for the restaurant:
- When Gordon came to Easton, the town was buzzing, and an article in a local paper has received over 200 comments. (Link)
- The restaurant closed late October/early November just 3 1/2 months after Gordon Ramsay came to the restaurant. They claimed they didn’t fail, but were forced out after a dispute with the landlord. The landlord said they were not paying rent and locked the doors. Rosaria said that business tripled after Gordon came, and they plan to reopen in another location. The people commenting on the article are not surprised with the closing and had bad things to say about the restaurant. (Link)
- Here were the Yelp reviews for the restaurant, which were mixed. (Link)
- In 2012 the restaurant was sued by someone who fell on ice in their parking lot (Link )
- The restaurant got in trouble last year for serving alcohol with an expired license. (Link)
It sounds like the restaurant does not want to take responsibility for their closing and are trying to make it seem like everything was going fine. The restaurant has been closed for about 6 months, so if they planned on reopening and finding another location, you would think they would have found one by now. I doubt we see them open back up, but only time will tell…
*To see updates on all the restaurants from Kitchen Nightmares and to see which ones are open or closed, visit the Kitchen Nightmares Update Page. Plus Follow on Twitter to keep up to date on closings.