On tonight’s episode of 24 Hours to Hell and Back, Gordon Ramsay is in Los Angeles, California to try to save Los Toros Mexican Restaurant. Los Toros Mexican Restaurant has been around for decades in San Fernando Valley and Gordon Ramsay discovers an owner who is over-worked and facing a large amount of debt. Gordon also realizes the restaurant is taking a toll on the owner’s health.
Let’s take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Los Toros Mexican Restaurant since 24 Hours to Hell and Back and Gordon Ramsay made all of the changes to the restaurant (note – all reviews are post-makeover).
- “The food and service are good. I like the decor and ambiance. They make a decent margarita but I wish they had a margarita menu. The tres leches cake is very good but it could be a little bigger. My 2 suggestions would be for the salsa to not be so watery- the consistency is just too thin to the point where you can’t get any salsa on your chip, then get it to your mouth without making a mess. I would also recommend that there to always be a hostess to great you and let you know how long the wait is going to be. “
- “This is one of the best Mexican restaurants to go! It’s a must try! The margaritas are the best in town! The bartenders are so welcoming! I was greeted by Steve, in which he made me the best margarita I’ve ever had!”
- “Bomb food service is great but be prepared to wait for over an hour on Friday and Saturday night ! But margaritas are amazing and would recommend!”
- “Rico is always on his game. Can’t say there hasn’t been a time I’ve come to Los Toros and Rico has not greeted me with a smile and boat load of good suggestions for excellent drinks. Definitely a great time to pass by and have a few (or more) when he’s around.”
- “What a joke…haven’t been here in some time because of it being horrible but my daughter said Gordon Ramsey changed it up…..HA! Still sucks!!!! If anything was changed, it changed back! HORRIBLE!!!!!! Go elsewhere!!!!! The lobby got a facelift but everything else is the same!!!!! 2 thumbs down”
- “So disappointed in the overall service. Went for a Sunday dinner and waited over 45 minutes for our food (party of 4), and when we received it, it was cold. We didn’t complain because it would have taken probably another 30 minutes. We haven’t been there in a while and it will be longer before we return.”
- “This place has gotten so nasty. It once was a yummy lunch or dinner in an authentic mileau, and while it still has an element of Mexican charm, the food and drink tastes like it came from a can.”
- “This place seems to lack cleaning. Poor lighting possible to keep patrons from noticing the lack of tidiness. The menu is a bit strange they have elected to integrate full page adds throughout, making it difficult to know what’s on the menu. The food did not seem to be fresh of the grill either. However, the margarita earned this spot the extra stars. Had we not ordered drinks with our meal, this would have been a single star review. Hats off to the bartender for saving the day. Management please close for a few weeks and get this place.cleaned up.”
- “The place looks a little cleaner than the last time I was here, but the quality of food is still poor. The servers are rude and pay no attention to you until it is time to pay. All the meats are very dry and rubbery. The food comes out cold. I have been here a couple times in the last year to try and give them a chance but I will definitely not be coming back. “
- “Shame on you Los Toros! Come on guys… a Mexican family-owned restaurant that serves this kind of sorry excuse for Mexican food is just shameful. This translates to nothing more than pure greed and profit on the owner’s/family’s behalf. This is the type of restaurant that banks on it’s customers to be mindless consumers who think that just because they serve chips, salsa, and margaritas that this is a legitimate Mexican restaurant.”
*Reviews from Yelp
Other News and Links:
- The 24 Hours to Hell and Back makeover happened in early December 2018.
- Here is the Los Toros Mexican Restaurant website and Facebook page.
- The Facebook page seems to advertise a lot of their drink specials/margaritas.
- Here are the Yelp reviews (3 out of 5 stars with 1300+ reviews), Tripadvisor reviews (4 out of 5 stars 140+ reviews), and Google reviews (4.2 out of 5 stars with 1200+ reviews) for Los Toros Mexican Restaurant.
- There are a lot of recent 1-star reviews on Yelp and Nicolas does respond to some of the reviews on all 3 review sites.
The reviews for Los Toros Mexican Restaurant since the 24 Hours to Hell and Back makeover with Gordon Ramsay are mixed with there being a decent amount of negative reviews. People seem to like the margaritas and there are a lot of mentions of the restaurant being crowded. However, there are complaints about the service, wait times, atmosphere and food.