On tonight’s episode of 24 Hours to Hell and Back, Gordon Ramsay is in Los Angeles, California to try to save Boardwalk 11. Boardwalk 11 is a gastro pub and karaoke bar owned by Steven Spear. He and his staff lack commitment to the restaurant and more people seem to come for karaoke rather than a dining experience. While Gordon Ramsay is inspecting the kitchen, he once again finds foods that repulse him
Let’s take a look at some information, reviews, and updates for Boardwalk 11 since 24 Hours to Hell and Back and Gordon Ramsay made all of the changes to the restaurant (note – all reviews are post-makeover).
- “Beautiful remodel with the gastro feel, fun people, awesome staff, and the bartenders and servers are top damn notch (Gabby in particular). Every employee there is so friendly. This is the place, folks!”
- “Boardwalk is my go-to bar. Service and food here are impeccable. It’s great that they have great vegetarian options, too. Can you spell Impossible Burger? The best thing about the place is the service and the regulars. Steve, the owner, is always so accommodating and focuses on making sure customers are happy. I know the bartenders, servers, and cooks here and they are the best. Special call out to Janes, the 2 Kats, Paloma, Keith, Gabby, Asian and Brandon for the awesome customer service. Another great aspect is how many beers they have on tap. I’m an IPA kind of guy and they have such a great selection. Food menu is superior and most items are made fresh (not frozen) and got a little upgrade from a celebrity chef. So good, I’ve scheduled multiple private parties here. And who doesn’t like Karaoke with their IPA and gourmet food?!?!”
- “I wasn’t concerned about the two drink minimum since i get more than two anyway. Nice hangout!”
- “Great bar for karaoke, good selection of beers and fun crowd.”
- “I went on a Thursday after work during happy hour and I looked it a lot. The bar is clean and stocked with craft beers and a decent liquor selection. The staff and regulars were friendly.”
- “This place is one word, tonight: shit.They may be good for karaoke, but their food and service is awful. We ordered beer on tap that was watered down. Then waited an hour+ for food that didn’t come. We canceled the food order after reminding the bartender twice about our food, and just as we were about to leave they rushed the worst rushed cooked meal to us. Unedible, literally. I left mine, my starving husband ate his. The bartender could care less… The owner or manager happened to be there at the time so he comped the horrible dinner and one of our drinks and explained that they were having issues with the kitchen, then he left.”
*Reviews from Yelp, Google
Other News and Links:
- The 24 Hours to Hell and Back makeover was filmed in late November/early December 2018
- Here is the Boardwalk 11 website and Facebook page.
- Boardwalk 11 is having a viewing party for the episode tonight. (Link)
- Here are the Yelp reviews (4 out of 5 stars with 300+ reviews), Tripadvisor reviews and Google reviews (4.5 stars with about 300 reviews) for Boardwalk 11.
- Psy, Snoop Dog and Jimmy Kimmel performed karaoke there in 2014. They have it listed all over their website and have a picture of it on their Facebook page. Here is a link to the video from Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- According to past reviews, Boardwalk 11 has a two drink minimum or you have to pay a $10 cover charge at nighttime.
The reviews for Boardwalk 11 since the 24 Hours to Hell and Back makeover with Gordon Ramsay are almost all positive with people liking the changes done to the interior and the atmosphere. The reviews before Gordon Ramsay came were also pretty positive. Boardwalk 11 is seen as more of a karaoke bar rather than a restaurant and most of the reviews are for the karaoke/drinks rather than the food.
UPDATE – The update at the end of the show said Steve hired people that were fired back and that Kat no longer is a cook, but is a server. Kat’s social media seem to confirm that.