Tonight on the series premiere of 24 Hours To Hell and Back, Gordon Ramsay is in Congers, New York to try to save Bella Gianna’s restaurant. Bella Gianna’s is a family-owned Italian restaurant, whose owner’s temper has caused tension in the workplace and within his family. Gordon will try to turn the restaurant around in 24 hours by trying to change the owner, renovating the restaurant, and creating a new menu.
- “My sister had my niece’s first communion party here. You know how some restaurants suddenly forget how to cook food when catering a large party? Well let me tell you Bella Gianna’s is NOT that kind of place. The food was delicious and the staff was so attentive! It was overall a wonder place to eat and I look forward to going here again for a date night. I had the salmon and it cooked perfectly and tasted amazing.”
- “We went for lunch on a Tuesday afternoon. We arrived at 1:30pm. Service was great. I ordered the express lunch for $12.00 chicken scarpariello and my mother had the salmon. Both meals were outstanding. We will certainly be back. Thanks”
- “Totally renovated a few weeks ago and just gorgeous! Ambiance is AMAZING! Comfy couches and all! Very Soho! I love this place and I love the owner Vinny and his entire staff! Sorry but the previous negative views of Vinny are from people who can’t appreciate him bringing authentic Bronx style service and food to the burbs! If you live in Rockland and wanna stay local yet get that NYC/Bronx feel and authentic Italian/American food and be treated like a friend, than look no further! You found it at Bella Gianna’s!!!”
- ” I had heard that Gordon Ramsey was there the week before and filmed one of restaurant make over shows so I wanted to see what had changed. They certainly did a great job of taking this iconic restaurant to another level… The decor was updated to soothing colors, warm woods, custom chandelier with hanging copper pots and pans with a glowing fireplace. In speaking with the owner I was made aware of his intentions of renovating the rest of the restaurant the match the beautiful work that they did in the main dining area. I am looking forward to going back.”
- “We found this restaurant on our way up to upstate NY and I am so glad we stopped for dinner. We probably had the best Bolognese in our life! The ambience and as well as the staff where amazing too. Definitely worth a visit.”
- “the owner of this establishment was rude and obnoxious to me and my guests. i’ve never experienced anything like this. do not have a party at this place you will be highly disappointed with the owners behavior. needless to say i will never go back!!!”
- “How NOT To Run a Restaurant My wife and I went to the restaurant tonight with a Groupon coupon. We got concerned when we saw we were the only couple in the restaurant, except for a few men at the bar. We were shown to a table and the person who took our order was unshaven and wearing a plaid shirt and appeared disheveled….Also, when the employees don’t know how to dress for their job and when not to act like a crude fool in a business with customers in the establishment. Perhaps that is why the restaurant had so few people in it….By the way, to comment on the prior entry, I was born, raised and educated in the Bronx, so I know Good Italian food and what we had was NOT good Italian food. If this is what you call good food, I’d hate to see what you call mediocre or poor food.”
- “Last time I went I assumed it was an off night the seafood dish tasted like it was on the verge of going bad not fresh at all – our past dish was mediocre – When i was informed of the “renovation” recently I thought I would give it another try. When it comes to the renovation they did an excellent job with the ambiance – fireplace, open, cozy etc. I CANT say the same for the food. Waiter hardly checked on us and When I asked him about the wine options he was visibly agitated.”
*Reviews from Yelp, Google
Other News and Links:
- The show was filmed at the restaurant in November 2017.
- Here is the Bella Gianna’s website, menu, and Facebook Page
- Bella Gianna’s is having a viewing party for their episode tonight which is fully booked. (Link)
- In May 2018, Bella Gianna’s posted on Facebook, “CALLING ALL my WEEKEND WARRIORS Restaurant Getting Extremely BUSY !!!!!! Looking Chef/Cooks /Prep man appx 30-50 hours a week Please call Vinny.” (Link)
- It seems like they specialize in a Family Feeds 4 special, which was $22.95 before Gordon Ramsay visited and is now $24.95.
- In 2011, Vinny renamed the restaurant from Romolo’s to Bella Gianna’s and made it more casual.
- A local article said after the makeover that the staff is more energized, the dining room is more modern with fresh paint, new couches and chairs, and a pots and pans chandelier. The menu also has a focus on freshness and flavor. Vinny Vasti also said he’s planning on doing more renovations such as the bathrooms and landscaping.
- Bella Gianna’s has great reviews online with 4.3 out of 5 stars on Google (52 reviews), 4.8 out of 5 stars on Facebook (152 reviews), 4.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor (95 reviews), and 4 out of 5 stars on Yelp (31 reviews).
The reviews for Bella Gianna’s since the makeover from 24 Hours To Hell and Back are mixed with people liking the food and ambiance, while there are mixed reviews on the service and owner. Bella Gianna’s has above average reviews on all online review sites and many of the reviews were from before Gordon Ramsay did the makeover. It seems that business has picked up as Bella Gianna’s is looking for more employees and they also have plans to do more renovations at the restaurant.
*To see how the restaurants from 24 Hours To Hell and Back are doing, visit the 24 Hours To Hell and Back Updates Page. Also, if you are interested in the restaurants from Kitchen Nightmares, visit the Kitchen Nightmares Updates Page.